Saturday, March 28, 2009

High School Musical 3 - Senior Year script 08

[School bell rings]
PEOPLE: Ohhh!- What's up, man? - Hi, Troy! - [Gasps]
SHARPAY: I realized I haven't offered my congratulations.
TROY: Oh, thank you. I'm glad the season's over, so...
SHARPAY: I didn't mean basketball, silly! I meant Gabriella.
TROY: What?
SHARPAY: Her missing the show is a little disappointing, but being selected for Stanford's Honors Program, that is amazing for her and for East High.
TROY: I don't know what you're talking about.
SHARPAY: Everyone else does. The whole school's buzzing. The honorees spend time with Stanford's top professors starting next week.
TROY: Next week?
SHARPAY: Look, right there. You really didn't know? OK, this is a little awkward. I guess her not telling you means that she's on the fence about it. But who better than Troy Bolton to encourage her to accept the honor? Since the only thing possibly holding her back would be... you. Well, I'll see you at rehearsal. Toodles.

[At Gabriella’s House, Cell phone rings]
GABRIELLA: Hello?
TROY: Hello. Somebody order a pizza pie?
GABRIELLA: I didn't order a pizza.
TROY: Special delivery! Margherita pizza!
GABRIELLA: Shh.
TROY: Just the way you like it. Let's not forget, what's a picnic without chocolate-covered strawberries?
GABRIELLA: It wouldn't be right.
TROY: Do you want the last strawberry?
GABRIELLA: Hmm...
TROY: Come on. This might very well be the best strawberry in the whole world, you wouldn't know because you're not gonna eat it.
GABRIELLA: Fine, then. Mmm! You were right.
TROY: So here's the thing.Your Honors Program at Stanford...
GABRIELLA: How did you hear about that?
TROY: A lot of people heard about it. But I wasn't one of them. Why?
GABRIELLA: Because I knew what you would say.
TROY: Of course you should do the Honors Program.Is that what you were trying to tell me? In the backyard the other day?
GABRIELLA: One of the things.
TROY: What else?
GABRIELLA: I've been thinking about trying to talk my mom into staying in Albuquerque another year. I'll just take some classes here and go to Stanford when I'm ready.
TROY: You can't just put off something as amazing as Stanford. You got to go. It's the right thing.
GABRIELLA: I always do the right thing. Maybe I want to be a little crazy this time.
Everything about my life has always been full speed ahead. I told you, I wish it would all just slow down......to a stop.
TROY: We're going to graduate. That's going to happen. Nothing is going to slow down.
GABRIELLA: I guess my heart just doesn't know it's in high school.
TROY: Well...
GABRIELLA: Shh. Troy, You don't have to say anything else. I'm a lot better at goodbyes than you. I've had a ton of practice.
TROY: Why are you saying goodbye? We still have prom. We still have to graduate.
GABRIELLA: I meant "good night." You OK?
TROY: Yeah. Good night.
GABRIELLA: Good night.

[Song: walk away.]
GABRIELLA:
I guess I should've known better
To believe that my luck had changed
Oh, I let my heart and forever
Finally learn each other's name
I tell myself this time it's different
No goodbyes 'cause I can't bear to say it
I'd never survive the one that's coming
If I stay Oh, no
Just walk away and don't look back
'Cause if my heart breaks it's gonna hurt so bad
You know I'm strong but I can't take that
Before it's too late
Oh, just walk away - Walk, walk, walk away
Oh, just walk away - Walk, walk, walk away
Oh, just walk away

I've got to let it go oh
Start protecting my heart and soul
'Cause I don't think I'll survive a goodbye again
Not again
Just walk away Oh, and don't look back
'Cause if my heart breaks it's gonna hurt so bad
You know I'm strong but I can't take that
Before it's too late
Oh, oh, oh
Just walk away - Walk, walk, walk away - Walk away, walk away, yeah - Walk, walk, walk away
Walk away, walk away - Walk, walk, walk away - Walk away, walk away..
Oh, ohhh
[end of Song: walk away.]


[The next day in the auditorium with the Wildcats and Miss Darbus]
MISS DARBUS: All right, everyone! Attention, please! Listen up. As some of you know, Miss Montez is no longer available to us. However, the show must indeed go on. So, Sharpay, you will do Gabriella's duet with Troy. Tiara, ready to step in for Sharpay?
TIARA: Those sparkling shoes are impossible to fill.
SARPY: Don't worry. Kelsi will work with you. (- Hmm.) Come on, people. Let's rise to the occasion. We're all pros here. Let's do it for Gabriella. OK? Kelsi, Troy, Ryan. Play piano.
MISS DARBUS: All right, we have a lot of work to do. There are sets to paint. Drill that second number. Let's go! Come on people, double time!

[At Troy’s House with Troy and Coach Bolton, playing basketball]
COACH BOLTON: Hear from Gabriella?
TROY: Yeah. She's knee-deep in geniuses out there. Believe it or not, she says the food's better at East High.
COACH BOLTON: Yeah. (Oh, yeah.) She still coming down for prom?
TROY: Yeah.
COACH BOLTON: How's that big show going?
TROY: You don't want to know.
COACH BOLTON: When were you going to tell me about this? Juilliard.
TROY: There's nothing to tell.
COACH BOLTON: Maybe there is. I heard you're talking to other schools. I mean, is this serious?
TROY: U of A isn't the only school that's talked to me. You know that.
COACH BOLTON: But it's the only school we talked about. Chad would be disappointed if you changed your mind.
TROY: No, Chad would get over it. Would you?
COACH BOLTON: We've been going to U of A games since you were a little kid. You talked about wearing a Redhawks uniform.
TROY: But I'm not a little kid anymore. You raised me to make my own choices and I need to make them. Not you or Chad or anybody else. Me.
COACH BOLTON: Hey. Troy, come on. Troy!

[Distant thunder rumbling]
[Song: Scream]
The day a door is closed
The echoes fill your soul
They won't say which way to go
Just trust your heart
To find what you're here for
Open another door
But I'm not sure anymore
It's just so hard
[distant cheering]
Voices in my head
Tell me they know best - Got me on the edge
They're pushing, pushing - They're pushing
I know they've got a plan - But the ball's in my hands
This time it's man to man - I'm driving, fighting inside a
World that's upside down
And spinning faster
What do I do now without you
I don't know where to go - What's the right team?
I want my own thing - So bad I'm going to scream
I can't choose, so confused
What's it all mean? - I want my own dream
So bad I'm going to scream
I'm kicking down the walls - I've gotta make 'em fall
Just break through 'em all I'm punching, crashing
I'm gonna fight to find myself, me and no one else
Which way, I can't tell I'm searching, searching
Can't find the way that I should turn I should turn right or left
It's like nothing works without you
I don't know where to go - What's the right team?
I want my own thing - So bad I'm gonna scream
I can't choose, so confused - What's it all mean?
I want my own dream - So bad I'm gonna scream
Yeah, the clock's running down - Hear the crowd gettin' loud
I'm consumed by the sound - Is it her, is it love?
Can the music ever be enough?
Gotta work it out - Gotta work it out
You can do it You can do it
I don't know where to go
What's the right team?
I want my own thing
So bad I'm gonna scream
I can't choose, so confused
What's it all mean?
I want my own dream
So bad I'm gonna scream. - Aaah!
[End of song: Scream]


TROY: Miss D? AI know I'm not supposed to be here.
MISS DARBUS: Aren't you? Nor should I be at this hour I suppose, but I am trying to rebalance a show in which Sharpay now plays the role of Miss Montez. And the reason for your visit is?
TROY: I don't know. I think I feel like this is a good place to...
MISS DARBUS: Scream? Feel free.
TROY: Or just to think.
MISS DARBUS: The stage can be a wonderful partner in the process of self-discovery. You seem comfortable up there.
TROY: I do?
MISS DARBUS: Which is why I submitted an application in your name to Juilliard.
TROY: It was you.
MISS DARBUS: Better to consider opportunities now. than in ten years when life may limit your choices. If I overstepped, I apologize.
TROY: No. No, I'm not mad. I'm just confused.
MISS DARBUS: What a life in the theater has taught me is to trust one's instincts. And that takes courage. A quality you don't seem to lack. Last one out turns off the lights.

[At East High with the Wildcats and Miss Darbus. Rehearsaling…]
RYAN: So walk, walk, walk. Jump in. Around the world and spin out. See? You got it.
TROY: You're easier to dance with than her.
SHARPAY: OK,My turn.
RYAN: OK. Here we go. From the top. Walk, walk, walk. Jump down. Around the world.
PEOPLE: Heads up! Heads up! - [The set falls down on top of everyone. Screams]
MISS DARBUS: All right, everyone. Let's just take five, all right? Take five. You two. House up.

KELSI: [Whistles] Hoops Man. Over here. You look like you're having the time of your life.
TROY: I'm messing up the dances. I'm messing up all the songs. I'm sorry.
KELSI: It's all of us. And all of us pretty much know why. If it wasn't for Gabriella, this musical would have been another "Sharpay Show." - It'll be fine.
TROY: Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment