Saturday, March 28, 2009

High School Musical 3 - Senior Year script 06

[At Gabriella’s House with Troy & Gabriella. Engine rumbling…]
TROY: Fuel pump......work in progress. If my truck falls apart because I'm spending my time onstage, it's your fault. You think I'd be spending any time at all up there if it wasn't for you?
GABRIELLA: You know what? I do.
TROY: What?
GABRIELLA: You're so good. Troy, I watched you in rehearsal. You love it. Why is that so hard for you to admit?
TROY: It isn't, to you. But to my dad? To Chad? Yeah, it's a little hard.
GABRIELLA: It shouldn't be.
TROY: They're happy as long as we're all talking about U of A. You chose Stanford. U of A was sort of chosen for me. I haven't talked to anybody about this, but......I've had offers from other colleges. - I'm really listening.
GABRIELLA: I get it, Troy. I still have decisions to make, too.
TROY: Like what?
GABRIELLA’s MOM: Oh, I thought I heard you. I was just making some snacks inside. Are you guys hungry? - I interrupted something, didn't I?
GABRIELLA: Just talking, Mom.
TROY: Homework.
GABRIELLA’s MOM: OK.
GABRIELLA: Speaking about homework... come on.
TROY: I was joking.

[The next day at the Yearbook Room with Taylor, Gabriella, Chad & Troy]
CHAD: Compliments of Zeke. Be careful, they're still hot.
TROY: He doesn't know they're gone. Eat the evidence.
GABRIELLA: Kissing up to the yearbook editors. Very smart move.
TROY: Chad's hoping for two pages on himself. Maybe even a third page, just for his hair.
CHAD: Hey, what's right is right. Em, Hoops, by the way, Um, could you take me after school to check out that tuxedo?
TAYLOR: Tuxedo? For what?
CHAD: For prom.
TAYLOR: Oh, honey, if that's what you call an invitation,you'll be dancing with yourself.
TROY: [Chuckles] Ohh.


[School bell rings. In the Cafeteria …]
PEOPLE: Yo, yo, yo. It's lunchtime. - Come on, people. Go!
TROY: You ready?
CHAD: Yeah.
TROY: It's now or never, man. The Garden Club is rooting for you.
CHAD: OK. I'm going in.
TROY: Go get her.
CHAD: Troy, I really just...
TROY: No, we're doing this now. How long have you been up there? Hair's great.
CHAD: Don't...
PEOPLE: I know. I heard that, too.- Yes, good. - Yes. OK.- Your turn.


[Chad walks down to Taylor, Kelsi, Gabriella & Martha]
CHAD: So... Hey. I was kind of wondering if you'd......maybe go with me.
TAYLOR: Oh, hey, Chad. They have Tuna Surprise on the menu. It's good. Really good.
CHAD: [watch back to Troy helplessly] Dude. - Taylor. Hey, I'm asking you to prom.
TAYLOR: I'm sorry, I can't hear you because it's so loud.[turn to girls] Did you hear something? GIRLS: No.
TAYLOR: Neither did I.
TROY: Excuse me. Excuse me, everybody.
CHAD: What are you...?
TROY: [loudly to all people]Yo![Chad] Oh.
TROY: My friend has something to say.
CHAD: Taylor McKessie. Will you please be my date to the senior prom?
[All] Aww...
TAYLOR: I'd be honored. - [Everyone cheers]
CHAD: [to Troy]Dude, I need to go shoot some hoops or something.
TROY: You nailed it!

[Song: A Night To Remember]

BOYS: -Guess now it's official -Can't back out, can't back out – No
GIRLS: Gettin' ready - For the night of nights The night of nights, all right
TROY: Don't panic
CHAD: Panic
BOYS1: Now do we have to dress up for the prom?
BOYS2: Dude, I don't think we have the choice
GIRL1: Yeah it's the night of all nights - Got to look just right
GIRL2: Dressin' to impress the boys
BOYS3: Do I want classic or vintage or plaid
BOYS4: Where's the mirror
BOYS5: I think this tux is too baggy
BOYS6: Too tight - It makes me look weird
GIRLS: Should I go movie star glamorous
GIRL3: Sassy or sweet
GIRL4: Don't know, but no one better wear the same dress as me
BOYS: It's the night of our nightmares
GIRLS: It's the night of our dreams
BOYS: It's too late to back out of it
GIRLS: Hey, makeovers, massages
BOYS: Don't know what a corsage is
GIRLS: Been waiting all our lives for this - It's gonna be a night
BOYS: Can't wait
GIRLS: To remember
BOYS: Oh, man
GIRLS: Come on now - Big fun, all right - It's gonna be the night
BOYS: I guess
GIRLS: To last forever
BOYS: Lucky us
GIRLS: We'll never ever ever forget
ALL: Gettin' ready - Get ready - Get, gettin' ready - Get ready - Gettin' ready - Get, gettin' ready
SHARPAY: Go
BOY: [man] Hey, you've been in there an hour.
SHARPAY: So, what should I do with my hair?
RYAN: Where's my shaver?
SHARPAY: Ooh, I love it
RYAN: I look like a waiter
SHARPAY: Should I fluff it?
RYAN&SHARPAY: It's getting later already Should be there

[doorbells ring]
BOYS: Her mother opens the door. I'm shakin' inside
GIRLS: He's here, it's time The hour's arrived
BOYS: Don't know why her father's starin' me down
GIRLS: Where's my purse, lip gloss? Now I'm really freakin' out
BOYS: Then something changes my world. The most beautiful girl. Right in front of my eyes
All: It's gonna be a night
BOYS: Oh, yeah
GIRLS: To remember
BOYS: That's for sure
GIRLS: Come on now Big fun, all right - It's gonna be the night
BOYS: Here tonight
GIRLS: To last forever
BOYS: Forever more
All: We'll never ever ever forget
GIRLS: Guys, right here. Guys!
BOYS: Who's that girl? She's so fine
GIRLS: Who's that guy? I don't recognize
BOYS: Who's that girl? She looks so good, yeah
GIRLS: Guess you never really noticed But you probably should
All: Big fun
BOYS: On the night of nights
GIRLS: All right
BOYS: The night of nights Tonight
All: Let's dance
BOYS: On the night of nights. You know we're gonna do it right
All: It's gonna be a night. To remember - It's gonna be the night To last forever - It's gonna be our night. To remember - It's gonna be the night. To last forever - It's gonna be our night. You know it - To remember For all time - Come on now Big fun - It's gonna be the night. We love it - To last forever. The rest of our lives - We'll never ever ever forget - It's gonna be our night Oh, yeah - All together (Say it loud) - Come on now Everyone, that's right - It's gonna be the night Yeah, the night - To remember Hear the crowd - And never ever ever - Never ever ever never ever - Never never forget!
[end of the song]

MISS DARBUS: Bravo! Brava! Lights, please! Kelsi, splendid music. Ryan, your choreography is quite inventive.
RYAN: Thank you.
MISS DARBUS: And, Jason, we do not chew gum in theatre or prom. See me at detention. Lighting crew needs help. Excellent work, everyone. Costumes on the rack. I will see you all tomorrow.

[Sharpay grabs Ryan and nods toward Kelsi]
SHARPAY: I heard Kelsi's writing something amazing for Troy and Gabriella.
RYAN: A song, most likely.
SHARPAY: Just find out what it is. Go.
RYAN: OK.
SHARPAY: [to her pet]Hi, Boi! How was I? Thank you!

[Jimmie runs to Troy and Gabriella, interrupt their kissing]
JIMMIE: Hey Troy, good job, man.
TROY: Dude, stop doing that!
JIMMIE: I'm sorry.
TROY: Hey, Look, there's Sharpay. Now, you didn't hear this from me, but she has a secret crush on you.
JIMMIE: A secret crush on me?
TROY&GABRIELLA: Shhh!
JIMMIE: Shhh. - Should I talk to her?
TROY: Yeah.
JIMMIE: OK. All right.
MISS DARBUS: Mr. Zara.
JIMMIE: Yo! You can call me "Rocket Man" if you want to.
MISS DARBUS: How generous. Mr. Zara, since you have become such a dedicated presence,
I'm making you an understudy. - Miss Gold! - You as well.
JIMMIE: Nice. I'm in! I'm playing "The Understudy."
DONNY: Congrats.
JIMMIE: Right. What's up?
TIARA: Understudy isn’t a role, you morons. It means you go on if one of the leads can’t make it for the performance.
JIMMIE: Well, I hate to break it to you, sister, but you're one, too.
TIARA: The difference being I can carry a tune.
JIMMIE: Ooh, Listen,babe. I wouldn't sing with you if my hair was on fire and you were the last bucket of water on Earth.
TIARA: I wouldn't sing with you if I were starving and you were the last pickle at the picnic.
JIMMIE: Want to go to lunch sometime?
[Tiara smiles and walks away]
DONNY: Gentlemen, start your engines.
JIMMIE: That's what I'm talking about, bro. Yo, come check out these guitars.

No comments:

Post a Comment